About Me

8.10.2011

The Soaked Singer

So we come to a situation that I have no control over. There is someone here that loves to sing. I don't mind actually, but the resident upstairs does. The singer sings, a lot, I mean...A LOT in the front of building. I personally like how he plays, but I don't hear him all day. The complaint is this: "Gina! He won't stop singing! It's the same song for the past ten years, and it's making me crazy!"

I figured something was going to happen between the singer and the complainer. I was right.

I get a phone call during my coffee date with my honey, and the singer says"Gina, I'm going to knock him out! He threw water on me!" oh boy, I say to myself. Here we go. I say, "listen, singer, there is not much I can do about this situation. You sing a lot, and it's annoying him now. If you guys cannot get along, then take it to the street, or discuss it like big boys". I'm sure my response was not very professional, but at the same time, what can I do? I am not a referee, or a mediator, or their mom. I can simply suggest that they come up with a solution where everyone is happy.

I see the water thrower in the hallway and ask him why he did that to the singer. His response, "Because he doesn't stop, and I hear him in my dreams"

Trying not to laugh, I say, "okay, so what is another solution to this situation?" He suggests, "throw more water?" I did chuckle inside, because I had a different idea.

Oh Man...This is not going to end friendly. But seriously, I cannot do anything about this. There is nothing I can say or do to either party to make them shakes hands and be friends. I can just hope that no one gets beat up in the hallway.





3 comments: